Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I've got the BUG....

....the running bug that is. This past weekend I ran my first half marathon. I finished in 2 hours and 9 minutes. I am pretty happy with my time. Friday I rode up to Salt Lake with my friend Connie and her husband, Tyler was at work up there already and met us at dinner. Thanks to him for picking up our race packets from the Salt Palace, traffic was horrific. After dinner we went to our hotel near the U of U, where to start of the race was. The next morning Connie, her friend Jen and myself rode the shuttle from the hotel to the starting line. I was nervous and excited about running my first half marathon. The first half of the race was pretty much down hill then pretty much flat the rest of the way. About mile 8 my knees started hurting and around mile 11 I decided to walk @ mile 12 I started to run again and finished. When I turned the corner into the gate way their were so many people watching and cheering, the energy was catching and fun to be around. I was glad Tyler was at the end to see me cross the finish line and be there for support. I definitely want to do another half marathon, but Tyler tells me NO. I want to do another one to improve my time. I'm glad I ran the race and had fun when it was over. My next adventure will be running the Wasatch Back in June (can't wait!)

Jen, Connie, Me before the race.




Connie and Jen



Me at the end YEAH!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Congrats on your first half marathon! You did great. :) p.s. I think you're hooked now. Once you get a taste of that awesome race feeling you'll want to do it over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, ditto to what Angel said:). Thanks for the picture. I don't have any of us at the finish because Brando missed us. You did so good and ran a fast time. Way to go! Good luck on Ragnar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you on connie's blog! .. and wanted to say GREAT JOB!! you look great coming through the finish!

    ReplyDelete