Wow, it's been a while and a lot has been going on. Chloee had her teeth fixed, had her dance recital and even had a pet potato bug. Tyler celebrated his 29th birthday and we had family pictures. So where to start. Chloee had her dentist appointment and did really well. Her appointment wasn't until noon so trying to keep her NPO (nothing to eat or drink) after her clear liquid breakfast was not fun. I felt like a mean mom not letting her eat her rice krispies for breakfast, but she enjoyed her blue Popsicle. My mom took Brooke for us which was a huge help and we headed for the dentist. We got there and the nurse anesthetist and dentist came out and talked to us and told us what to except. I had Chloee on my lap picking out a prize and the next thing I know the NA is giving her a shot in her bum and shortly after that she was fast asleep in my arms. When they were done they put her in the dentist chair and had Tyler and I sit by her until she woke up. Thankfully she woke up fairly fast and we took her home. She tolerated the sedation really well and only had a few funny moments, like when she told me the ground was going in circles and she couldn't walk straight. She had four cavities filled and a partial root canal with a cap put on. Luckily it is the upper back tooth and you can't see it unless she shows you. I'm glad that experience is over.


Chloee had her dance recital and had a good time dancing once we got her there. After her Christmas show when she didn't dance on stage Tyler and I promised her that if she danced on stage at her recital she could get a big girl bike. She told her dance teacher Miss Jill that she was going to get her big girl bike. When it was time to go on stage for her dress rehearsal, Chloee was very timid and scared. She cried and ran off stage to me. I kept telling her about her bike and not to be scared. Her teacher came over and got her to go up on stage and she did so well during the dress rehearsal. All the other mom's had heard of our little bribe and said Chloee did so well, now she gets her bike. When it was time for the recital to start she went back stage with her teacher and didn't even look back. When it was her turn on stage she didn't even look scared. She danced the entire dance and did so well. She looked so cute in her costume and was the best dancer in the entire program.






We've been trying to spend time outside since we've had nice weather. I showed Chloee a potato bug and didn't think she would put it in her hands, but when she did and was OK with it I was surprised. She found one the other day and said to me, "Mom can I have a pet potato bug?" I said, "sure why not" every kid needs a pet and I can handle a potato bug. She was so excited that she found a cage for it and put some grass in it and water. When Chloee woke up from her nap she told me her potato bug was dead and I looked in the cage and sure enough it was. I asked her what happened and noticed she had her detangler spray next to the cage. She said she sprayed it with her hair spray. Well that was a short lived pet. We've had another pet potato bug since then and I'm sure we'll have many more.


Chloee had her dance recital and had a good time dancing once we got her there. After her Christmas show when she didn't dance on stage Tyler and I promised her that if she danced on stage at her recital she could get a big girl bike. She told her dance teacher Miss Jill that she was going to get her big girl bike. When it was time to go on stage for her dress rehearsal, Chloee was very timid and scared. She cried and ran off stage to me. I kept telling her about her bike and not to be scared. Her teacher came over and got her to go up on stage and she did so well during the dress rehearsal. All the other mom's had heard of our little bribe and said Chloee did so well, now she gets her bike. When it was time for the recital to start she went back stage with her teacher and didn't even look back. When it was her turn on stage she didn't even look scared. She danced the entire dance and did so well. She looked so cute in her costume and was the best dancer in the entire program.
The very end of the dance.

After the show we went to dinner with Tyler's family and during dinner Chloee was sitting at the table looking tired. We asked her what was the matter and she said dreamily, "I want my bike."
Tyler celebrated his 29th birthday and I attempted to make him a JEEP cake. I think it looks more like a tractor, but I gave it a try. Chloee loved it. Happy Birthday Ty.


Thanks to Tasha, my sister-in-law, we now have a great new family picture. We went to the Starmill antique shop and had a great time. This place was so fun. The girls cooperated for the most part and we got some very cute pictures.


Lastly the other day I caught Brooke playing in Chloee's dirty clothes. She came out of the room wearing this...

I had to laugh and grab the camera. It was too cute, gross but cute. I kept taking them off and putting them back in the dirty clothes hamper and Bro0ke kept walking out with the underwear on her head. She's too cute. She's now walking all over and is in to everything. Such a fun and frustrating age. I call her my little tornado. Well sorry for the long blog, but my computer died on me so I resorted to using Tyler's, hence the long blog.


Fun post!!! I love the pictures. Your girls are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI totally LOVE the "jeep" cake!!!
ReplyDeleteyour family is cute, especially your girls :) I'm reading your post and turn to my husband and ask what a potato bug is, he explains it to me, and growing up (maybe it's a Texas thing) we call those rolly-pollies :)
ReplyDelete