For Brooke's birthday I decided to make the famous rainbow cake that everyone at work has been talking about. Chloee helped me and oh what fun we had! The design looked so cool in the cake pan.
After the cake was made and out of the oven cooling, I decided to venture downstairs and run, Brooke was asleep and Chloee usually follows me down shortly after. Well as I'm running I can here a kitchen chair sliding across the floor. I thought, Chloee just wants to see the cake. Well after awhile I see Chloee through the basement door and she has a plate in hand. You guessed it. Chloee had helped herself to Brooke's cake. This is what you get when you leave a three year old upstairs unsupervised...
I didn't know what I was going to do, but I wasn't going to bake another cake. Today after church I made the frosting and frosted the cake as is. Tyler got home and looked at it and we both decided it needed help. So we made the petal out of frosting and patched the cake. No one will ever know.
We had such a great time at the party. Brooke wasn't sure what to do. All of our family came over for presents and cake and ice cream. Thanks to everyone who came, we had a blast. Brooke got some cute outfits, books and more toys. She especially loved the cake. After she was done, she got in the bathtub and played with her new bath toys. Here are a few pics from the crazy fun.
I'm so glad you made the rainbow cake and it turned out, kind of. It just means that Chloe thought it was the coolest and couldn't resist:) Good job patching it up though! I think Brooke's cake eating job is the cleanest I have ever seen from a one year old.
ReplyDeleteSo many cousins to help!!! I don't think she'll be as nice about letting them open presents next year!!! You forgot to write about her touching the candle. That was pretty funny, (only because it hurt for just a second. . . you can tell I'm a Mom of boys, eh?)
ReplyDelete