Saturday, April 4, 2009

Conference Weekend

Well to start off, Brooke got over her diarrhea then she caught a cold and was up every hour at night the first part of the week. She is now finally getting over her cough, but in the mean time she gave it to Chloee. Today I think we are starting to get over the cough and cold with a little rest and cough medicine (love the night time cold and cough).

So tonight while the men were at the priesthood session, the girls got together at Glenda's house and had a party with the kids. This is a tradition in my family and we have been getting together as long as I can remember. The girls would always go to diner and then shopping, but now that we are older and have kids of going out to dinner is a challenge and more stressful than enjoyable. Last year we decided to get together at one of our house's and order out and let the kids play. This was the best idea we ever had. So now my aunt from Salt Lake and her daughter-in-laws come down here and we: my family-mom, sister, sister-in-laws and my grandma and all our kids meet at my cousins house and order out. Well tonight my mom and I wanted to do something besides staring at each other so we decided to have a party. Just ask Natalie...she's always up for a party and has the best ideas.

When we got there Glenda has hard boiled eggs for the kids to decorate and then they ate pizza. The adults and Kenzie ordered from Kneader's. After dinner we pulled out my mom's chocolate fountain. What a blast it was for the kids...all now on a sugar high. We had everything from strawberries and bananas to angel food cake and nilla wafers. After our sugar rush the women played bunco. We only had time for one round, but I think we all had fun, even Grandma played. Then Green boys showed up after priesthood and that was our invitation to clean up and head home. I have to say that we had a great time and weren't to stress out with keeping the kids entertained and trying to find a seat for Grandma to sit in while we went shopping spending money we didn't have to begin with. Hope we have as much fun in October as we did this time. I think I have a problem with rambling, oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment