Sunday, August 9, 2009

What a fun SUMMER!

Wow it has been a little while since I have last posted anything. We have had a busy past month. We went camping over the 4th of July up Hobble Creek Canyon and had a blast. My family likes to go camping over the 4th and go four wheeling. We were going to go up and spend three days up there, but our refridgerator went out and we had to stay home the first day and get it fixed. Our camping experience was a good one this year filled with yummy food, dirt and bears! Just before dinner we heard 2 gun shots. I didn't think anything of this becasue there was a shooting range a few miles away. Well a little while later, the camp host came and told my dad that he just shot a bear. A bear cub had wandered into camp and wasn't afraid of humans so when it kept coming towards the camper the camp host shot a warning shot. When the bear still kept coming he shot it and killed it. Boy was I greatful for that, but was now nervous to sleep up there in a tent with two little kids. We made it through the night and had a nice rest of the trip.





My grandpa past away and I had the privelage of speaking at his funeral and representing all of the grandkids. That was nice to hear their memories about my grandpa. What a great man he was a so full of love! My softball team ended up taking 2nd place in our softball tournament. I had so much fun playing with Tyler's sisters. We usually play every year and have so much fun.

The 24th of July was a blast. On thursday we went to the Rodeo with Tyler's sisters and their families. Chloee wanted to see the buckin' bulls. I think she also liked seeing the rodeo queens and princesses. Brooke did pretty good throughout the night. If you bring enough treats she'll eat the entire time. This year I ran the Speedy Spaniard with Tara, Eric and Tracie. My goal was to run the entire 6.2 miles and I did. I ran it in 1hour and 27 seconds. During the race I ended up running it with some girl from about mile 2 and we kept each other going. She pushed my the last .2 miles. I was so ready to give up, but she wouldn't let me. I'm greatful to her for that. After the race we went to to parade for about 10 minutes, which was plenty of parade watching for Tyler. After the parade we went back to Tyler's parent's house and let the kids play on the slip n slide. Tara and I filled up a bunch of water balloons for them to play with and have a water fight. I had an old piece of rubber tubing in the car, so Tyler got the bright idea to make a water weenie. The kids had so much fun with that until it broke. After the water we went to Tracie and Shawn's house for a barbeque and to celebrate Tyson and Josh's birthdays. What a long, but fun day we had.






The last bit of fun we had was going to the Nephi Derby last night. Tyler had never been to a derby. We had a barbeque at Tracie and Shawn's house and then headed down to Nephi. We had a blast watching cars crash into each other and had fun with the family. Chloee called it the crash boom bang! She was excited to watch the cars crash into each other since she tells Tyler and myself to drive into the cars in front of us if we aren't going fast enough. I think we might be going next year because Tyler had a great time!



3 comments:

  1. You are one active woman- softball, running...all these events- how do you keep on top of it all?! It all sounds like fun though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like alot of fun. I can't believe there was a bear that close. Scary. My kids would of thought that it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll never forget that camping trip, will we???
    I don't know if I'm brave enough to sleep in a tent again!

    ReplyDelete