
Last week we took the girls to see Disney's "The Princess and the Frog." It was very cute. Chloee loved it. She had been wanting to see the movie ever since the previews came out in the summer. Brooke was not such a good sport. I don't know why I try to try to take her to movies because all she wants to do is eat popcorn and play on the stairs. Tyler ended up taking her home early and my parents brought Chloee and I home.
Last Saturday Chloee had her Christmas dance recital. Now last year she didn't dance on stage, but she did at the Spring concert so I was hopeful she would dance this year. We went to the dress rehearsal in the morning and when it was her turn to go up on stage she wanted me right there with her. I sat down in front on the steps to watch, but that wasn't good enough, the tears started to come. I ended up on stage behind the curtain with a tear stained face Chloee.
When it was time to take her back to the room for the girls to wait, Chloee didn't want to let me go. Finally after much persuation she let me go to my seat. As the show started Tyler's mom asked what I bribed her with this show and I said nothing. When it was her turn to go on stage I headed to the hall to see how she was and her teacher said she was good. I went back to my seat to watch. The girls started filling out on stage and Chloee stood on her "X". The music started and Chloee had a tearified look on her face and she started crying then ran to her teacher in front who was helping the girls dance. Chloee stayed their until the dance was over and then went off stage with the rest of the girls. After the dance she told me she liked the other stage better when she had her fancy dance (the Regan Theatre at UVU). Tyler said it's probably because she can't see the audience on the bigger stage because of all the lights. At least she went out on stage, right! We'll have to see how the spring recital goes this coming year. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment