Sunday, October 11, 2009

Disneyland...

...the happiest place on earth. We just had the best time on our family vacation. My family, brothers and their families and parents and sister all went to California. We flew into Long Beach, California early Monday morning, I was worried about the girls flying, but they did great. Once we arrived we gotour rental vans and headed for the beach. We went up and down the pacific coast highway and finally decided on Huntington Beach. We had a blast. Brooke loved the beach and had sand everywhere. She was even eating it. She loved jumping the waves with mom or dad holding tight to her hands. Chloee loved the beach as well. Tyler and the kids even built a sand castle. After the beach we checked into our hotel. That was eventful, the rooms were supposed to be ready at 4:30 pm and they weren't ready until almost 5:30 pm. We were lucky enough to stay at my parents timeshare and each family had their own room.



On Tuesday we went to Disneyland. Chloee had such a magical time. She was able to go on almost every ride. Sheloved all the rides in Fantasyland especially Alice in Wonderland. We had a blast going through Toon Town and visiting Minnie and Mickey's houses. After that we went over to California Adventure and watched the Pixar Parade. It was super fun. Then Chloee and my mom and I went on Soarin' What an amazing ride. Mom and I scram and had a good time. After that we rushed back to Disneyland and I talked Chloee into going on the Matterhorn or the bobsleds if you ask Chloee. She wanted to go on it again so my parent took all the little kids Ethan, Chloee and Krew on the ride. They were lucky enough to get to ride it twice in a row. After that fun I talked Chloee into going on Big Thunder Mountain. She had a blast and wanted to go again, but the park was closing. As we were walking to the shuttle, we could hear the firework show. The producer or something from The Nightmere Before Christmas put toghether the show. It sounded way cool. On the shuttle ride home both kids fell alseep on Tyler. We totally wore them out.

Wednesday we went to Sea World in San Diego. We were able to see Shamu and watch some of the other shows. Chloee had fun. It was amazing to see what the trainers can do with the animals and the shows they put on. Sea World was not as busy as I thought it would be. We had fun. After Sea World we went to Old Town and ate dinner at an authentic mexican restaurant. It was really good food.

Thursday was Chloee's 4th Birthday. I can't believe she is 4. We went back to Disneyland becaue Chloee got in free on her birthday. Well we bought the Southern California city pass so we had already bought her ticket in to the park so they gave us the option to get a free pass to come another day or get the price value of one day admisison on a gift card to be used in any park or Downtown Disney. We opted for the gift card and let Chloee pick anything she wanted to buy. She loved the idea of having her own money to use. We had fun going on rides in Adventureland and Frontierland. I was able to convince Chloee to go on Splash Moutain and she loved it, so much that she was able to go again with Chad and Natalie. After the ride she told Tyler that she loved th big drops. Tyler told me she was my child. I love the rides at Disneyland and Tyler really doesn't care about them. He stayed with Brooke when she couldn't go on the big rides and Chloee and I went on them. That afternoon we had a suprise for Chloee's birthday. We had made reservations at Ariels Grotto and took her to a Princess dinner. She was able to eat dinner and meet Ariel, Snow white, Bell, Princess Aurora, and Cinderella. Each princess came around to each table and took time taking pictures and talking to the little girls. My mom and dad had given Chloee an Ariel costume for her birthday so we let her wear itto the dinner. She had so much fun. I loved seeing her smile and get excited when each princess came to our table. My mom and dad and McKenzie came with us to help celebrate.

Friday we went back to Huntington beach and had fun playing in the sand and water again. Saturday we went back to Disneyland for one more day of fun before we had to fly home. When we got there we found on it was Gay Day 09 in Anehiem and they were all at Disneyland. The funny thing was they were all wearing red and Tyler just happened to wear a red shirt. He immediatley wanted to buy a new shirt and I was not opposed to that at all. We definetly had the whole California experience. Our favorite ride from this day was the new Toystory ride Toystory Mania in California Adventure. It like your at a carnival and get to shot pies at the characters in 3D, so much fun. Well after a fun and interesting day we went to the airport and found out that our plane was delayed 2 hours. Trying to keep a tired 18 month old entertained at the airport was not fun. Once on the plane the girls fell asleep and the ride wasn't to bad. We didn't end up getting back to Salt Lake until 1:00 in the morning. We didn't make it to our house until 3:00 am. We were tired, but had a great time. I love Disneyland and can't wait to go back. Chloee keeps asking when we get to go back. Here are some pictures from our vacation.




3 comments:

  1. Had I known you were going to go play at the beach I would have come stalked you like a mini paparazzi :) Huntington is 15 minutes from our place! It sounds wonderful...very cute princess pics :) I'm glad all went well! ...and wow, Gay day- who would have thought- a RED shirt had so much meaning?! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go to Disney- hopefully they don't change the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys had such a fun experience!! Disneyland really is the best, and I love sea world too! Your girls look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Disneyland pictures- the girls are super cute! And what a fun thing for Chloee to be able to go to the princess dinner. You guys are AWESOME parents, I didn't know Disneyland had something like that.

    ReplyDelete